Friday, December 3, 2010

Just ask

“So Jesus stood still and called them, and said, “What do you want Me to do for you?” They said to Him , “Lord, that our eyes may be opened.”

Matthew 20: 32-33 (New King James version)


I had just parked my car in my sister’s office and was waiting for her to come . I had driven through quite a stormy rain to get there. She had a test the next day and wanted to reach home a little early. I was thinking to myself , “We are going to take 2 hours easily to reach home !” . I had seen the traffic, the flooded roads and the torrential rain on my way over there. I was like “Lord , she wants to get home early and now this is an impossible task… its going to take us hours to get home.” You should have seen the traffic , it was bumper to bumper stand still traffic along with rain pouring down like buckets of water splashed against your windshield. And at that moment I heard a gentle voice ,” why don’t you just ask “.

Its little strange , we know God can work wonders. But when it comes to standstill traffic that we have just seen with our eyes it seems impossible to even ask Him of it . I had forgotten that our God who parted the red sea, can also work wonders with city traffic .

The strangest thing happened after I asked God to get us home early. From the time we started , the rains stopped , we had minimal traffic jam and 80% of the way we were cruising through . And these are areas that are generally so jam packed, and I had just driven down most of the same roads just to get to her office ! We reached in 45 minutes . A journey which on any other day takes me an hour and a half ! Praise the Lord ! And from the moment we stepped into the house the rains resumed.

Sometimes we just don’t ask!

We read in Matthew 20 : 29-34 that as Jesus was passing by two blind men cried out to Him. While the multitude warned them to keep quiet they started shouting even more louder “Have mercy on us, O Lord, Son of David!”

Here is the interesting part , Jesus asks them “What do you want Me to do for you?” . You would think its obvious . They are blind men , of course they want to be healed. Jesus knew they wanted to be healed . The point is did the blind men have the faith to confess what they wanted in the midst of people who disregarded them.

It didn’t matter how silly they looked or how impossible it sounded . They said it out loud ‘Lord that our eyes may be opened’ . And Jesus healed them .

Have faith just ask ! We serve a loving compassionate Father. Is there a need on your heart today ? Just ask ! Lift it up to Him and have Him work on it .

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment