Friday, December 3, 2010

Mixed up priorities

“But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.”

Matthew 6: 33 (New King James version)

Yes a very familiar verse J We’ve read it , we’ve sung it in songs , we know it by heart. Question we need to ask ourselves “Do we live it out?”

When we read the preceding verse we read Jesus telling the people don’t worry about what shall to eat or what shall to drink or what shall to wear . When we go back even further and start reading from verse 25 onwards we read in the latter part of verse 25 “Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing?” Why do we really put in 200% effort into our work ? Better careers, better money , better living standards… What is this really going to get us at the end ?

Don’t get me wrong. It is good to work hard in our careers, it is good to invest our earnings wisely.. however what is our priority ? Honestly , how many of us woke up this morning with the thought “Wow Lord , another day by Your grace and for Your glory . Here I am . How do you want me to live this day?”

How many of us woke up thinking ‘Oh I need to wake up at this time so that I can do this and this and this… This needs to be sent out by this date ..’ , ‘I need to contact this person for fixing this’ , ‘ I need to go early to take care of that’

How many of us woke up knowing exactly what our bosses or our family expected of us today vs how many of us woke up knowing exactly what God wanted us to do today ?

In my case today I just transitioned into the next day still working . But our God is so amazing . For some reason I glanced out through the window and saw the gentle snow fall and went “Lord you are awesome ! Thank you for this whole new month”. Sometimes even when we get busy He is so loving to gently remind us , its all about Him.

I am right now on a business trip and the past few days have been hectic. And as I prayed this morning , the Lord reminded me that I have been so wrapped up with work that I haven’t been focusing on Him. The best part is this, when we give Him our first and our best everything EVERYTHING everything automatically just falls so beautifully in place. Things which take 5 hours get done in an hour. That’s how amazing our God is. I really wonder why we tend to forget so easily.

The word of God says He knows the things we need even before we can ask of it. So forget about worrying and striving hard for things of the world and in the bargain get our priorities mixed up. May He be truly our everything.

And this is a testimony that the Lord wants me to share for someone… I have a hectic day ahead of me , haven’t slept much the entire night. But then realized whoa .. my priorities have been really messed up these past 3 days. I know how the past few days have gone. I have put in my best effort first and then committed it to God. Its gone good-ok. Today is going to be the reverse. I commit everything to Him. Seek His face, rejoice in His presence and now shall put in my best effort in continuous surrender to Him. I know its gonna be a victorious day ! His word is living and powerful ! Will update you on the day when I get back from work :-)

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment