Friday, December 3, 2010

Taste all the way

“Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!”

Psalm 34:8 (New King James version)


I love ice cream. When the weather is cold , I feel like eating ice cream all the more J One of my favorite ice creams are the ones which surprise you with a chocolate bar in the middle. Its like ‘where did that come from ! ‘ Yummy double flavored ice cream with two layers and an even more yummier centre :)

Now here is the interesting part, if I just showed you the bar of ice cream , you would just see the layer on top which is yummy. But you gotta dig deeper ! The more you get through the first layer you reach a whole new flavor which is yummier . And it doesn’t end there … the more you go on there is more.

Knowing God and growing in His word is a little like that. Our God and His word is just so indescribable. So many infinitely wonderful flavors. Here is the thing, don’t stop at just the top layer ! Dig deeper ! Draw closer to Him every day !

Now say for example if you had just had only a taste of the top layer and I said describe the ice cream to me , and then to another I ask him to take a full bite of all the layers and then describe it to me. I would get two totally different descriptions.

So is our walk with Christ . Oh , taste and see that the Lord is good !

Psalm 42: 1 , “As the deer pants for the water brooks, So pants my soul for You, O God.” Its not about “oh I spend half an hour in His presence that’s enough” , “oh I spend an hour every day’ ‘Oh I spend 5 minutes”… No no no , its not about that. Its about every cell in your body crying “wow I cant wait to read His word … “, “Lord in everything I see Your hand” , .. its about in everything our heart cries out in love and adoration to the Lord most High. Its not about having spent ‘sufficient’ time in His presence . Its about realizing no matter how much time we spend it is never sufficient . He is the Lord of lords, the Alpha and Omega. How can we sit back and describe Him as vanilla ?

The more we grow closer to Him, the more we taste and see how amazing He is … the more our soul longs for Him. Its about personally experiencing Him in every aspect and every moment of our life. And the more we do that , we learn to surrender truly all to Him ! ALL !

Oh, taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who trusts in Him!

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment