Monday, February 14, 2011

Cornered ? Lost in sin ? No way ? HE IS THE ONLY WAY !

“I, even I, am He who blots out your transgressions for My own sake; And I will not remember your sins.”

Isaiah 43: 25 (New King James version)

I remember listening to a testimony where the person quipped ‘There is one thing I know that God doesn’t ‘ . All of us were wondering ‘What ? there is nothing he can know that God doesn’t know‘ . And then he continued on to say ‘my past sin !” :-)

I was reading this news article yesterday that stated that a certain religious group believed in extreme punishment . Forgiveness didn’t seem to be part of their key beliefs. I’m so glad our Father is a forgiving Father. He abounds in mercy and grace and that is all that we need.

You know the best part of it all ? I have seen this in my life time and time again . Whenever I have strayed or found myself not where God wants me to be , and I come into His presence on my knees sad , upset, ashamed I have let Him down and seek His forgiveness … He never ever points His finger at me and says ‘You !!!! How could you do this ? You are not my child ! You are like this … You are like that’… His first reaction is always and always that of a Father to His child ! With love !

When you seek His forgiveness , He always welcomes you with the arms of a Father. Do not ever ever think that you are too far away from His forgiveness. It doesn’t matter what sorrow or shame or burden you are carrying in your heart today. Just walk into the arms of our Father and be wrapped in His love, mercy and forgiveness.

Now comes the part of correction . He prunes us and corrects us . We read in Proverbs 3: 11-12 , “My son, do not despise the chastening of the LORD, Nor detest His correction; For whom the LORD loves He corrects, Just as a father the son in whom he delights.

Don’t turn a blind eye to the correction of God. He corrects us and teaches us only because we are His own. It is with that same authority of a Father that He corrects. Wow ! The Lord God Almighty , Creator of the heavens and the earth , the great I AM … He corrects us because we are His sons and daughters … WOW ! Talk about learning from the best ! :-)

By His grace , By His Mercy and for His glory …. That’s why you and I are where we are right now. Don’t let anything come in the way of that . And do you know what it takes ? Just complete surrender ! He will work in His , He will put the right desires in us , He will lead us , He will grow us in Him….. Its all HIM !

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment