Monday, February 14, 2011

A temporary endeavor for a lasting outcome

“Jesus answered them and said, “Most assuredly, I say to you, you seek Me, not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you, because God the Father has set His seal on Him.””

John 6 : 26-27 (New King James version)

While reading a document at work the other day I was fascinated by the simplicity of this line ‘A project is a temporary endeavor. Most projects are undertaken to create a lasting outcome. For example a project to build a national monument will create a result expected to last for centuries’

These words kept ringing in my head ‘A temporary endeavor for a lasting outcome’. That’s what this life is… Its temporary . But what we do in this life has an EVERLASTING outcome. The question today is what are we doing ?

We read that after the wonderful miracle of the feeding of the five thousand , there were some people who followed Christ for what they could receive from Him – food for the body. When we seek God is it always because of something we need from Him ?

I know there are sooo many times when I need something or I’m asking something of God that I say ‘Lord You are the great I Am , You are the King of kings, Your Name is above every other name, earth is Your footstool , nothing absolutely nothing is impossible for you.’ … Yup! Full faith and acknowledgment of how Glorious and Holy is our God. However there are many many days when I’m sleepy in the morning or because of a busy day world wise that I haven’t spent time in prayer and now I say ‘Lord You are merciful and forgiving .. Im tired , You understand Lord ‘ J
When we are tired but need to study for an exam or finish up some work we say ‘Lord You are able to renew my strength’ and we press on . When we need to sit in His presence and seek Him and read His word its amazing how we just forget to say “Lord renew my strength”…

I know this is a battle I face every day – getting my priorities right. Spending that awesome wonderful exclusive time with our Lord and then asking Him what He wants us to do – that ought to be our number one priority. May all that we are be focused unto Him for the food which endures to everlasting life

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment