Monday, February 14, 2011

Go

“”Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.””

Matthew 28 : 19-20 (New King James version)

We started this new year discussing about serving the Lord with gladness and also we touched upon different aspects of the great commission. For those who missed out on that email , I have attached the same to this mail (yet to update the blog)

Here’s the word which the Lord placed on my heart – ‘Go’. I looked up the Webster dictionary for what the word Go would mean in this context , here are the meanings I got ‘to move out of or away from a place expressed or implied’ , ‘to move on a course’

Move out , move on the course … It’s a journey .

Lets turn our Bibles to Exodus 3-4 . Here we read of Moses. Happily married to a wonderful wife , son-in-law to the priest of Midian , has a job of shepherding , blessed with children … Wonderful life. And God calls him and says “Go , return to Egypt” . That definitely cannot be an easy move.

Now when the Lord told Moses what He planned to do (please read through Exodus 3 & 4 ) Moses looked at his own ability to do the task and he knew it was impossible and he told the Lord so. Moses said ‘When the people ask me what is the name of who sent you what shall I say ?’ , ‘ When they don’t believe me or listen to me what do I do ?’ , ‘Lord I am not an eloquent speaker’….

When we read through these chapters we see one thing … God always said ‘ I will bring you out ‘ ‘I will stretch out my hand’, ‘ I will give these people favor’ , ‘ I will be with your mouth and teach you what you shall say’

He will do everything. All He requires of us is simple obedience .

I remember listening to a sermon where the preacher talking about Moses and the crossing of the red sea , quipped saying “Moses said ‘Lord I cannot lift the rod , its too difficult… ‘ so the Lord said ‘ok , I’ll lift the rod , and you can part the red sea” :-)

We look at what the Lord has given us and think ‘No this is too difficult ‘ and God is saying ‘Just obey and see what I will do ‘

Exodus 14 : 21 , “Then Moses stretched out his hand over the sea; and the LORD caused the sea to go back by a strong east wind all that night, and made the sea into dry land, and the waters were divided.

Take that step of obedience to the Lord . Its not going to be an easy move , but its an amazing journey …

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment