Monday, March 23, 2009

Before its too late...

" Create in me a clean heart, O God,
And renew a steadfast spirit within me.
Do not cast me away from Your presence,
And do not take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Restore to me the joy of Your salvation,
And uphold me by Your generous Spirit.
Then I will teach transgressors Your ways,
And sinners shall be converted to You. "

Psalm 51 : 10-13 (New King James Version)

Ever heard the story of Samson ? (Judges 13-17) How many of us thought "How dumb could Samson be ? " When Delilah kept asking him where his strength lay..... the first time he told her that if he was bound with seven fresh bow strings then he would become weak. And then she bound him with them and then told him that the Philistines were upon him. And he broke them off and overcame the philistines.
Delilah then asks him for a second time and then he tells her that if he is bound with new ropes then he will be weak. And then she binds him with it and says the Philistines were there waiting to capture him . But Samson broke them off and then overcame the Philistines

One would think that by now samson would have understood ! But no...He still chose to remain with Delilah ! And she asks him again and this time he says tht if the seven locks of his head were woven into the web of a loom then he would become weak ! well the same thing happened and Samson overcame.

Delilah still pressed on and the Bible says in Judges 16:16 that she pressed him so that his soul was vexed to death !! And then he tells her the command that God had given him...The prophecy upon his life that he was to be brought up as a Nazarite !
Here is the key ...We read in Judges 16 : 20 "And she said, “The Philistines are upon you, Samson!” So he awoke from his sleep, and said, “I will go out as before, at other times, and shake myself free!” But he did not know that the LORD had departed from him"

Wow ! Can you imagine that ? He did not know that the Lord had departed from him. He had gotten so used to doing things his way that he had forgotten the Lord's way. He broke the law the was prophecied upon his life... He had the chance to get away , but he chose to stay in sin !

How many of us are like that ? We know where we are right now is not the place that God wants us to be in ? The thoughts that we think , the things we do , the words we say , the people whom we associate with , the movies that we watch , the songs that we listen to , the things that we surf on the web .... Sometimes we get so deep into it that we reach a point where we are vexed to death ...But yet when God gives us the power to walk away from it all we choose not to use it ! Let us change from our ways now before its too late... else a day will come when we will realize that the Lord's favour is no longer upon us...

Let us pray as the psalmist pleaded saying "Lord create in me a clean heart Father and remove every impurity that is within me. Renew a steadfast Spirit within me Father...May I be faithful to you Lord...Do not cast me away from your presence Lord and take not thy Holy Spirit from me...Lord if You are not with me then there is nothing Lord...I need You Father.... I need Your Holy Spirit ...I need Your anointing upon my life. Though right now I feel vexed Lord , I pray that you restore unto me the joy of Your Salvation Father... Use me for your glory that I may teach others Your Holy ways and that they will come to You Father .. In Jesus Name... Amen"

As it says in Psalm 19 : 14 "Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart Be acceptable in Your sight, O LORD, my strength and my Redeemer"

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment