Monday, March 23, 2009

Our Strong Tower

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower;
The righteous run to it and are safe. "

Proverbs 18:10 (New King James Version)


Im sure all of us as kids were upto mischief :) I am my Daddy's lil girl ! And as a kid the moment I would have troubled my elder brother, or if my brother was out to get me, I would runnnnnnnnnnnnnn ! I mean really really RUN and look out for my Dad... And then the moment I spotted my Dad I would run to him and sit safe in his arms... My brother could not do anything to me !! :) Of course my brother was patient enough to wait for hours until I would leave the safe refuge of my dad and then thats it !! :) Sweet Memories ! ;)

Well not really in a similar context :) ....But can you just imagine yourself running into the arms of our Heavenly Father :) Having the Faith that nothing can touch you unless the Father wills it , and if that is so then it is for His glory and His glory alone .

The name of the Lord is a strong tower. We read in Psalm 144:2 that the Lord is our high tower , our deliverer, our shield and our refuge.

Now here is the key... To take refuge in the Lord or not is our choice. We can choose to abide in Him or we can choose to walk away from Him.... As long as He abides in us and we in Him we are safe.... We know we are walking as per His perfect will.

Now beware...The Devil is patient ...The Bible says the Devil prowls around like a roaring lion... He lies in wait seeking whom he can devour.... waiting to see when we will leave our refuge and fall and then he can attack !

May the Lord bless us with a steadfast spirit , to be always faithful to Him and seek Him and His will only . May the Lord forever be our only trust !

We read in Psalm 20 :7 "Some trust in chariots, and some in horses; But we will remember the name of the LORD our God"

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment