Monday, March 9, 2009

The First Commandment - Are you in love with the Lord?

"You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your strength"

Deuteronomy 6:5 (New King James Version)


This sunday as I was worshipping the Lord in church the Lord reminded me of my priorities.... Im a person who misses my family and friends a lot... I suddenly realized the number of times I have told them how much I miss them , how much I love them and how difficult a few days apart from them seems so difficult. The number of hours I spend on the phone doesnt seem to suffice.....

I soon started to realize how much more should my love for the Lord be... Do I miss spending time with the Lord ? Does 24hrs a day seem insufficent to listen to His voice.... Even if I spend an hour in His presence do I miss just telling Him how much I love Him during the rest of the day ?

The Bible says is Matthew 22:38 that this is the first and great commandment !

Do we love the Lord with
ALL OUR HEART
ALL OUR SOUL
ALL OUR STRENGTH
?

How much do we love the Lord ? How much are our priorities set right ?

For those who love music..here is a good pick...Paul Baloche : Falling

"I would like to walk this world with You always
Never want to be apart from You O Lord
I am some times overwhelmed by truth and Your ways
Could it be that I was made for You I'm blown away

I am falling I am falling in love
I am falling in love I am falling in love with You
I am falling I am falling in love
I am falling in love I am falling in love with You

Would You stay and listen for a while please stay
And let me talk of how You make me smile oh
I would like to leave it all behind my ways
But I get caught up in myself sometimes All I can say "

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment