Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Want Peace ?

“Great peace have those who love Your law,And nothing causes them to stumble”

Psalm 119:165 (New King James Version)

How true it is that whenever our focus is on the Lord and on His commandments that we are so at peace and so filled with joy that we feel nothing can ever bring us down. But when we shift our focus from the Lord and His law and look at circumstances, situations , problems of this world that we get perturbed, frustrated , angry….Its so easy to lose our temper , to lose our peace… Especially for me…Last evening all it took was one misunderstanding and I was all typical smoke coming from my ears like in the cartoons. But whenever I tried focusing on Christ and not on me , then my reactions to the situation was different. My voice was calmer, my speech was rational and above all even a message that I sent was with God’s blessings in it.Yup I still haven’t reached a point where I don’t turn into a cartoon with smoke fuming from my ears….But by God’s grace Im learning to calm down in few minutes which for me is good improvement  The point being when we are so in love with the Lord, His law is well secured around our heart and as blocks might seem to be coming across our path, by the grace of God we get through with great peace…Nothing can cause us to stumble…No one and nothing can rob the peace of God within us as long as He is our focus and our love is His law

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment