Thursday, March 5, 2009

Do you like it when people correct you ?

"Whoever loves instruction loves knowledge,
But he who hates correction is stupid."

Proverbs 12:1 (New King James Version)


My kid sister has proved to be one of my greatest critics.... Work keeps me travelling and my sister had never heard me preach until this morning at our fasting and prayer service. The message was of course words which the Holy Spirit lead me and thereby no critics there... It was a blessing . At the end of the service as we got into the car my sister's comments were "Were you nervous...This one gesture of yours seemed to indicate it... Use more day to day examples.... I like people who walk around a bit and dont stand in one place ...." !!

Im sure you can understand my first instant reaction "Ouch !" She went on to say "Do want to learn and improve or not ? This is good correction...The more you use day to day examples the more easier it is to relate......"

My sister's correction did make a lot of sense , but it did dent my pride a tiny bit ! But then I realized how true the verse is.... We cant say we love knowledge without loving instruction. Its the instructions and corrections that improve our knowledge.

It may not be easy to take in corrections when people tell us the better way to do things ...be it in our work, our personal lives, our spiritual lives, .... But when they are for our betterment, it is a wise decision to learn and heed to them and make the required corrections.

Let us not be one who hates correction.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment