Monday, March 16, 2009

The Joy in the house of our Lord !

"For a day in Your courts is better than a thousand.
I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God
Than dwell in the tents of wickedness."

Psalm 84: 10 (New King James Version)


Its a whole new week by God's grace. Im sure all of us are all charged up spiritually after having a wondefrul fellowship at church. How many of us agree that better is one day in His courts than a thousand elsewhere?? Praise the Lord for fellowship, Praise the Lord for the body of Christ , Praise the Lord that we have been ransomed, washed and cleansed by the blood of Jesus Christ.

Now what is important is that we understand the need to sit at His feet , be in His presence during the rest of the week too. I have personally gone through this roller coaster ride wherein Sunday I am all charged up and by wednesday Im all emptied out ! Or when Sunday I am all charged up and the moment I start driving in the traffic that I give into the world and forget about the peace of God. Lets not give into the world...

When we read Psalm 84 :2 we read "My soul longs, yes, even faints For the courts of the LORD; My heart and my flesh cry out for the living God" .... How many of us are already longing for Sunday to come ? No not to sleep !! But to be in the house of the Lord !

How many of us are just waiting to get back home this evening just to get down on our knees .. Just sitting down at the feet of the Lord and reading His word...Telling Him how much we love Him ...

How many of us are doing it right now ? That no matter where we are or what we do , that our Spirit is in constant communion with the Lord... That the joy of the Lord is just so radiant in us ?

What a joy it is when we have personally tasted the Lord and we say we would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of our God that dwell in the tents of wickedness .

The Joy of our Lord is our strength and I pray we continue to grow in Him , fellowship together and be used for His glory.

Better is one day in His courts than a thousand elsewhere ! Oh what joy to call Him our Father ! Oh what Joy !

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment