Friday, April 3, 2009

Day and Night !!

"But his delight is in the law of the LORD,
And in His law he meditates day and night."

Psalm 1:2 (New King James Version)


I remember as a kid I had a dream that I was eating this very specific icecream and just relishing every bit of it. And when I woke up thats all I could think about !! :) I took my cycle and headed all over trying to get it ... And I didnt stop until I got it and happily sat on the sofa and went "Yum !!!"

Its funny how the things we dream can have such an impact on the rest of our day ! And this can be good or bad ! A lot of the times the events that happened during the day or a movie/ad that was watched tend to trigger off thoughts in our head that affect so much of our thoughts as we dream/sleep. And these eventually have their after effects for the rest of the day.

Here are couple of aspects that the Lord has put in my heart to share this morning ...

The first being the need to guard our hearts and minds 24*7 ! Even when we are sleeping our thoughts should be inline with the word of God and should be acceptable in His sight. Before we go to bed we need to commit ourselves in total surrender to the Lord so that nothing defiles His Holy temple which is us ! The Body is the temple of God. And by entertaining unwanted thoughts we are defiling the temple of God.

The second is that as believers our desire to grow in the Lord should be such that we long to meditate in His law night and day !! Even as we sleep we need to yearn that the Lord will speak to us ! That His word will dwell so deeply within us .... that our spirit is in constant communion with the Lord. Think of all that time thats spent in sleep , can instead be spent with the Lord ! All we need to do is desire for the same and ask the Lord to reveal His will , His word to us even if we are sleeping...

We read in Joel 2:28 "And it shall come to pass afterward That I will pour out My Spirit on all flesh;Your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, Your old men shall dream dreams,Your young men shall see visions"

Wow ! Now thats something to desire for !

Let our very delight be in the law of the Lord ! And in His law may we yearn to meditate day and night

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment