Friday, April 3, 2009

Ready to let the Lord Drive ?

"Where can I go from Your Spirit?
Or where can I flee from Your presence?
If I ascend into heaven, You are there;
If I make my bed in hell, behold, You are there.
If I take the wings of the morning,
And dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea,
Even there Your hand shall lead me,
And Your right hand shall hold me"

Psalm 139 : 7-10 (New King James Version)



Ever tried to run away from God or felt that you had done something so wrong that God would not look at you again ? Think again !! :)

I would like to encourage you all to read Psalm 139 today ...for those of you not carrying a Bible, I pray that this link is not blocked : https://imailchn.satyam.com/owa/redir.aspx?C=4c200c38f0f14a53a14ac483634c00c3&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.biblegateway.com%2fpassage%2f%3fsearch%3dPsalm%2520139%26version%3d50

We read in the beginning of the Psalm 139 in verses 1-4 "O LORD, You have searched me and known me.You know my sitting down and my rising up;You understand my thought afar off.You comprehend my path and my lying down,And are acquainted with all my ways.For there is not a word on my tongue,But behold, O LORD, You know it altogether"

He knows everything !

As we keep reading we see in verse 16 "Your eyes saw my substance, being yet unformed.And in Your book they all were written, The days fashioned for me, When as yet there were none of them" Even before our very substance was formed, the Lord already had plans written down for us ! Can you imagine that ?
The Lord has this perfect plan for us... And He is looking at us to seek His will and be obedient to Him...So that His purposes and His perfect plan for us will unravel in our lives for His glory.

Its a choice that we need to make ! ... Do we choose to walk as per His perfect will ? Or do we choose to yield to the ways of the world ?
Are we willing to be used for His glory ? After all, we are His :) He paid the price for us ... He ransomed us by His blood .

Sometimes we tend to think "Lord you are so Holy...Look at me...Im so filthy...would you even think about me ? .... " and we feel so dejected and distant from God.
Some of us go the other extreme and we reach this comfort zone and think we know it all...

The word of God says in verses 17-18 "How precious also are Your thoughts to me, O God! How great is the sum of them! If I should count them, they would be more in number than the sand;When I awake, I am still with You"

We cannot begin to fathom the depths of God's love for us ! Or even begin to imagine what He has planned for us.

Here is the key to today's learning " Search me, O God, and know my heart;Try me, and know my anxieties;And see if there is any wicked way in me, And lead me in the way everlasting"

The willingness to let the Lord to work in us !

Are we willing to surrender ourselves to the Lord completely ? Are we ready to dwell in the presence of God and have Him search us...Have Him remove every wicked way in us ? Are we willing to have Him truly be Lord and Saviour of our Lives ?

Here is an example that I like to use a lot... Imagine your life is a car ! Its like saying "Ok God you can drive the car but I will steer and choose where to go and when to brake and when to accelerate !! I will choose who I allow to get in to the car ! "

Doesnt make much sense does it ? The same applies to our lives... Its not enough saying "Lord you are Lord and Saviour of my life" and then we go about doing whatever we want whenever we want. We need to give the Lord complete control over our lives... Total surrender ! Everything and anything that is not of the Lord lets not let it get in !

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment