Monday, April 13, 2009

What is your "thirty pieces of silver" ?

"Then one of the twelve, called Judas Iscariot, went to the chief priests and said, “What are you willing to give me if I deliver Him to you?” And they counted out to him thirty pieces of silver"

Matthew 26:14-15 (New King James Version)


Growing up I always pondered about why Judas would do such a thing just for some pieces of silver... I mean here is a man who walked with Christ...he had seen and witnessed the power of God... with his very own eyes he had seen the Lord do so many miracles... he had heard the word being spoken... How could he have done so ?

Then I realized that I was no better than Judas... Sure I didnt betray Christ for thirty pieces of silver...But I did for other things.... I would choose to work 20 hours in a day and spend 2 minutes with the Lord... I would choose to talk on the phone for hours and yet would not read His word... I betrayed Christ in my choices...In what I chose more valuable to me , more important to me than being in the presence of our God.

Praise the Lord that our Father is so patient and so forgiving. He is merciful.

However we need to understand that its time to change ! Its time to draw closer to the Lord and live for Him.

I heard a wonderful message last week where the emphasis was on the following verse from Hebrews 10 :26-29 " For if we sin willfully after we have received the knowledge of the truth, there no longer remains a sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful expectation of judgment, and fiery indignation which will devour the adversaries. Anyone who has rejected Moses’ law dies without mercy on the testimony of two or three witnesses. Of how much worse punishment, do you suppose, will he be thought worthy who has trampled the Son of God underfoot, counted the blood of the covenant by which he was sanctified a common thing, and insulted the Spirit of grace?"

We all have received the knowledge of truth. Are we still sinning willfully ??? If so its time to change...Not tomorrow but today ...now...

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment