Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Are our words a reflection of His ?

" For the word of the LORD is right,
And all His work is done in truth.
He loves righteousness and justice;
The earth is full of the goodness of the LORD.
By the word of the LORD the heavens were made,
And all the host of them by the breath of His mouth"

Psalm 33 : 4-6 (New King James Version)


How great is our God ! He said it ,and it was formed !! The power of every word that comes forth from the Lord is so beyond our comprehension.

I remember this one time when I had parked my car in church and I, in a kidding tone, told my sisters "Hey what if the hand brake wasnt there and the car rolled off ? "... The car was parked at the edge of this 2-3ft deep step below which bikes were parked. And guess what ? True enough that almost happened later that day !! And as I sat in the car alone with my heart racing glad that the car hadnt rolled off , I heard the Lord teach me something very important.

The Lord taught me that I am an anointed child of God 24*7 !! When I pray and speak in authority and faith that Jesus Christ has given us, that same authority and anointing is there even when I am not on my knees. I cant choose to say that "Only when I pray Lord, then listen to me but otherwise let my words hold no significance"
It doesnt work that way.

We read in James 3 : 11 "Does a spring send forth fresh water and bitter from the same opening?" When we speak it has to go either His way or the other way ! :-) There is no gray area in the middle that we can sit and say 'well its neither this nor that'

In Psalm 33 : 4 we read that "For the word of the LORD is right, And all His work is done in truth" ....

His word is ? RIGHT
What is done in truth ? ALL HIS WORK !!
Are our words right ? Do we pray at home with faith knowing that the Lord hears every word, but then when we go out do we let so many unwanted words pass through our lips ?

We serve an awesome and Holy God ! By His word the heavens were made and all the host of them ! He is our Father , how careful are we (as His children) about our words ?

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment