Tuesday, April 21, 2009

His Amazing Love...Unfailing...So Divine

"And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one, and that the world may know that You have sent Me, and have loved them as You have loved Me"

John 17 : 22-23 (New King James Version)


Anyone been wondering why your inbox didnt have the 'Verse for the Day' email pop up this past week ? My apologies, been really tied up with the Vacation Bible School (VBS) at church (this was my first time teaching at VBS). It was such a blessing . Being able to minister to kids actually takes a lot out off you . I have such high respect for those who are involved in children's ministry. They are the most creative and patient people one can find :)

Here is what the Lord has laid in my heart.... His amazing unfailing love !

Time and time again we tend to put so much hope in those around us and less in God... Do you know how much the Lord loves us ? The Bible says that the Father loves us as much as He loved Christ !! Wow ! Can u imagine that ? Such an unimaginable love is what the Father has for us !! But what do we have for Him ?

During this week since I was so busy with VBS I wasnt able to do a lot of things and even my personal meditation time got a lil disrupted. Then the Lord was teaching me "What if I got too busy ??" .... I couldnt even imagine a fraction of a second without the Lord.

Our Lord is forever faithful...He is never too busy for us....Anything can happen but He always has time for us ! How can we let ourselves get too busy for the Lord ? Sometimes its easy to give an excuse saying "Oh the Lord knows my heart...Its ok If I dont spend time daily with the Lord" ....What if the Lord told us the same "Oh its ok...He/She knows Im God...its ok if I dont listen to them for the next few hours/days"

The word of God clearly states the heart's desire of our Lord "And the glory which You gave Me I have given them, that they may be one just as We are one: I in them, and You in Me; that they may be made perfect in one" ...

That we may be one with Him !!

Are we too busy to spend time with the Lord ?? Is our desire the same as the Lord's ? To be one with Him, To Abide in Him and He in us.

God Bless

6 comments:

  1. wooooooooh!!!!!!!! What denomination do you belong to????? being one with God is the belief of the new age movement and they quote the same verse and say that we are one with God and hence we are God..............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I dont know much about the new age movement or what they believe in ...but if they think that they are God and quote this verse , then we really need to get down on our knees and pray for them that they may come out from darkness into the light.

    Next what this verse implies and so does this blog is that it is God's desire that we abide in Him and He in us with such perfect union...

    But so many times we tend to get so caught up with ourselves that we give God second priority and that needs to change.

    Our God is ever faithful and our desires need to be inline with His

    God bless

    ReplyDelete
  3. What do I mean by "perfect union"?
    Its exactly as said " that we abide in Him and He in us "

    Im not saying we become one with God and hence become God . NO WAY !

    As you well quoted, John 15 :1-8 is the perfect explanation of how we are to abide in Him .

    Our understandings are the same.

    All that the line "That we may be one with Him !!" implied is ,that, we lose our selfish desires and that our desires be as His... Our thoughts be in accordance with His will... That His word is what is in us ... That we desire to have Him 100% in our lives... Not our will or our desires...But only His and His alone

    Its as simple as that :)

    In everything that we do, be it our actions, words,.....In Everything, when we abide in Him and He in us there is a visible difference... We bear fruit...

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  4. Once again here your zeal is awesome……..but as Paul says zeal for God without knowledge of Him leads to efforts made in our own strength and not submission to His righteousness (Rom 10:2,3)…

    Can I ask you one question? Will God ever say to us that He is busy? If He says that then He will be lying because God can never get busy. So that means He will never say that He got busy….so why charge ourselves up with a lie……let’s urge ourselves to seek God in prayer with the truth….God will definitely say that we are being self sufficient- sin of pride (which is living life independent of God, not beginning our day with drawing strength that we need, with committing ourselves unto Him while we step out etc) , that we have love for other things which exceed our love for Him which is idolatary….both being sins in the sight of God. That is how God would address the issue by revealing our sins and enabling us to repent of them and putting out faith in Him…….in His Sovereignty, love, mercy and grace.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise the Lord

    Let me highlight the section of the post first before I explain "During this week since I was so busy with VBS I wasnt able to do a lot of things and even my personal meditation time got a lil disrupted. Then the Lord was teaching me "What if I got too busy ??" .... I couldnt even imagine a fraction of a second without the Lord.

    Our Lord is forever faithful...He is never too busy for us....Anything can happen but He always has time for us ! How can we let ourselves get too busy for the Lord"


    There is nothing in the post which says the Lord said He is too busy :-).

    But the Lord taught me an important lesson by bringing things to my terms... He reminded me and made me understand and made me think for a second ...what is God treated us like the way we treat Him ? Whoa !!

    Its not charging ourselves with a lie my dear brother/sister in Christ .

    But our God is soooooooo awesome that He explains things to us in the most simplest terms.

    In fact when the Lord was talking to Moses in Exodus 3 onwards we see that after all that in chapter 4 Moses says "But what if....." ... Now God could have explained things in so many ways to him...But He chose to talk in his level of understanding :-) He says "What is in your hand?"

    Now one cant take only that statement and start saying "do you mean to say that the Lord did not know what was in his hand ??????" :-) :-)

    (similarly that one line "What if I got too busy?" )

    Our Father is soooooo loving and just so amazing...He explained things so sweetly ..

    Now Im not a great scholar or someone who knows in and out of theology.... And Im so happy that our God explains things to my level of understanding.

    That He chose to make me understand this important truth in such a wonderful simple way


    God Bless

    ReplyDelete
  6. Praise the Lord !
    Sorry have had less access to the net for sometime and hence have not been able to respond to your comments. Please mail me at sparks.ablaze@gmail.com . This makes it easier to have a discussion on any queries/feedbacks you may have.

    God Bless

    ReplyDelete