Monday, April 6, 2009

Living Upto Expectations

"My soul, wait silently for God alone,
For my expectation is from Him"

Psalm 62: 5 (New King James Version)


A lot of times we get hurt , disappointed sometimes even angry when people around us let our expectations down.

How many of us when we are upset or find ourselves in a problem first call up our friends to talk about it ? Or try finding a solution on our own as to what we think is best ?

Here are a couple of things that the Lord has laid on my heart to share....The first being is people will disappoint us... The one person who will never ever disappoint us ?? Jesus Christ our Lord and Saviour ! He is ever faithful !
Our expectations are to be of Him and Him alone

My sis and I have these silly arguments at times...It would be for the smallest of things...I would have wanted her to do something and she wouldnt have.... :) This morning as I was driving the Lord reminded me "Ever thought from my view ? "

And I was "...................." (speechless) ... I mean just for a second put yourself (not really possible but just try thinking ) in God's shoes.... So it would be like "You were in Sin...I came down and took up all your sin and shame...I paid the price for you ... I was beaten , spat on ,....nailed to the cross...I took it all because I love you.... I rose again ...I sent you a comforter my Holy Spirit ....I gave you the word of God..... I neither slumber nor sleep...I keep you under the shadow of my wings.... And you complain that you cant find your keys and hence the day I have so wonderfully blessed and given you is a terrible day ???"

How many times do we disappoint our Lord ? How many times do we so easily complain about others when they let us down even for the smallest of things ?

How many times do we give people priority over God ? How many times have we spent hours with our friends but hardly few minutes with the Lord ? And then we wonder "Oh why arent things working out !!! "

Let this be our prayer this morning ...That our expectations be from the Lord and Him alone..people will disappoint but never our God ....That we who are to be in the image of Christ make a conscious effort to not disappoint our Lord... That our soul waits silently for God alone and does not desire or seek anything else/anyone as priority over Him.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment