Friday, May 29, 2009

All that is within us

"Bless the LORD, O my soul;
And all that is within me, bless His holy name!
Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:"

Psalm 103 : 1-2 (New King James Version)


And all that is within me ! ....Everything about us should be a testiment to the Lord . Everything within us , our every thought and desire should be for His glory . Whenever we say this verse we are telling the Lord "Lord I praise You with all that I am ...with everything within me ... I praise You "

How many of us are willing to give God our all ? How many of us are ready to surrender ourselves totally to Him so that even our every thought will be submitted to Him ?. So many of us like to say "Yes Lord I believe You and I know You love me but I love this and I love that and I cant get out of this relationship and this bondage...so just adjust please...its a 80%-20% deal...majority is to you only Lord ! " It doesnt work that way .

Someone once said Christians lie the most when they sing ! :-) I was humming this song "Everyday its You I live for..." and then I realized 'Hmmmmmmmm I really need to spend more time in His presence and with His word". Because we cant change ourselves ...only God can ...but we should be willing. There are so many days I wake up and I go "ok lets start I need to get this done and need to get that ..I need to drive here and I need to go there" and I miss out on the fact that the Lord has blessed me with a whole new day for His glory and I havent even said "Thank You Lord !" . Do I really live everyday for Him ? Well I want to and I know the Lord is working on me and I pray He blesses me more and more with a spirit of obedience and humility that I will surrender all that I am to Him and truly live everyday for His glory.

Bless the Lord O my soul and all that is within me bless His holy name !

Here is the next part ...Forget not all His benefits ! How many of us are so joyful that we will say "Praise the Lord ! I am great because I serve such an awesome God ! He forgives all my iniquities (v3), He heals all my diseases (v3) ,He redeems my life from destruction (v4), He crowns me with lovingkindness and tender mercies (v4), He satisfies my mouth with good things so that my youth is renewed like the eagle’s (v5).

Do you know that right now as you read this, that it is only God's grace that has kept us alive and well, all these years of our life upto this very point ? We cannot survive one fraction of a second without Him . The fact that we can read this, the fact that we can understand what we are reading , the fact that we are breathing in normally , the fact that our fingers move to hold the mouse and scroll down... Its all all all God's grace.

Praise the Lord we have such a merciful loving God. I dont deserve anything . But I praise the Lord that He is so merciful and so awesome. That such a Holy God would still look upon me with love and wash me clean from all my sins..that He crowns me with lovingkindness and tender mercies ..He satisfies my mouth with good things so that my youth is renewed like the eagle's.

Bless the LORD, O my soul, And forget not all His benefits:

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment