Monday, May 4, 2009

Before Me !

" You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies;
You anoint my head with oil;
My cup runs over"

Psalm 23 : 5 (New King James Version)


During this past week there have been numerous challenges spiritually (more than usual) upto a point where I have had someone tell me "Please pray right now...Satan is planning attacks on you" and my Dad asking me not to drive from my hometown back to where I stay because he woke up with a very disturbed feeling regarding something going wrong with me. I have driven numerous times back and forth but this is the first time my Dad ever said something like this so I knew he was serious.

Well I did drive :-) Because I know our God reigns.

I was actually happy when people told me this .... I was like "Great ! I am definitely growing stronger in the Lord...I have become a big threat to Satan !! Praise the Lord !"

As I was driving and I looked at the road that lay ahead, I knew that even before the wheels of my car has even touched the road, the Lord has gone before me and has made everything perfect for me !

Sometimes circumstances might seem so against us... It might seem that everything that could go wrong is going wrong ... But when we are walking with the Lord and He reigns in us , we know that any problem that might seem to be there is temporary ! By the grace of God we will overcome !!

The Psalmist says "You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies".... Imagine that... You look ahead and there is this nice table and all your enemies are there... Would you still want to walk ahead ?? But when we put our trust in the Lord thats what we do... We keep walking ahead knowing the Lord is in control.

Now why would the Lord prepare a table for us in the midst of our enemies ?? Guess what ? Thats where He is gonna glorify His name ! There in the presence of our enemies the Lord anoints us...And not just half way through ...no no no... He fills us to a point that our cup overflows..... That all those around us will know that He is Lord !! And those who put their trust in Him will never ever be put to shame.

Praise the Lord for the table that He has prepared before us... Lets continue to walk with Him and have Him fill us such that our cup overflows

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment