Saturday, May 9, 2009

Do we keep running ?

"Wait on the LORD;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the LORD!"

Psalm 27 : 14 (New King James Version)



We read in I Corinthians 9 : 24-27 "Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may obtain it. And everyone who competes for the prize is temperate in all things. Now they do it to obtain a perishable crown, but we for an imperishable crown. Therefore I run thus: not with uncertainty. Thus I fight: not as one who beats the air. But I discipline my body and bring it into subjection, lest, when I have preached to others, I myself should become disqualified"

Here are a couple of things which the Lord has placed in my heart to share this morning .

Lets picture ourselves to be physically running a race... Sometimes some of us stop running when we wait on the Lord :-) We forget why we are running in the first place... we forget who we are running towards and what is the imperishable crown that we are running for. The word of God says that we are therefore not to run with uncertainity. But we are to discipline our body and bring it to subjection in every aspect that we may be testimonies to Him and not become disqualified by living lives which are a direct conflict to what the word of God says.

Many of us when we are waiting on the Lord instead of running tend to slow down our pace... we get anxious... we become stubborn saying "Im not going to move an inch until You answer me" .... we forget why we are running :-)

And even as we wait on the Lord, we read in Psalm 27 : 14 that we are to be of good courage and He will strengthen our hearts

We read in Isaiah 26 : 3 "You will keep him in perfect peace,Whose mind is stayed on You,Because he trusts in You." We need to always keep in mind why we are running :-) . If our mind is always stayed on Him, we will be in perfect peace... He will strengthen our hearts and we will be of good courage as we wait on the Lord .. and we will keep pressing on !!! Running towards the goal !

Here is a beautiful song I came across ..."While Im waiting " by John Waller

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am hopeful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it is painful
But patiently, I will wait
I will move ahead, bold and confident
Taking every step in obedience

While I’m waiting
I will serve You
While I’m waiting
I will worship
While I’m waiting
I will not fain
tI’ll be running the race
Even while I wait

I’m waiting
I’m waiting on You, Lord
And I am peaceful
I’m waiting on You, Lord
Though it’s not easy
But faithfully, I will wait
Yes, I will wait

I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting
I will serve You while I’m waiting
I will worship while I’m waiting on You, Lord

God Bless

1 comment:

  1. Hey! I loved this phrase of yours..."running when we wait on the Lord"....not only do we have to continue running while we wait...but waiting on God is part of running the race......

    ReplyDelete