Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Speck Vs Plank

"And why do you look at the speck in your brother’s eye, but do not consider the plank in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me remove the speck from your eye’; and look, a plank is in your own eye? Hypocrite! First remove the plank from your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother’s eye."

Matthew 7 : 3-5 (New King James Version)


Sometimes a lot of us are really quick to judge ! Sometimes we have such preconceived notions that it tends to blind us . I remember as a teen, whenever a person got up to preach the first thing that I would do is find every fault possible with his/her message. It was like I would listen to the message just to find out points that I could disagree with. And in doing so I would never give ear to what the person was trying to say in the first place. So at the end my takeaway would be a big ZERO...Just a heart full of criticism !

Dont get me wrong ,,,Im not saying blindly listen to what the preacher preaches...No ... But the Lord knows our hearts... Are we going with a judgmental spirit or are we going with a spirit of humility .How many of us pray for the sunday services that we attend on saturday night or during the week....? I hear of so many people who complain about whats wrong with the churches today...But how many of us get down on our knees and pray for it daily ? Its so easy to criticize !

There are so many flaws in me...So many that only the Lord knows... He knows my every thought .... Lets take for example I lie and I see another believer who drinks... Can I say I am better than him ? Do I have the right to look down on him ? No ! But I do have to pray for myself to remove lying lips from His Holy temple....To pray for my fellow believer and to tell him and remind him what he is doing is not right ....But I do not have the right to think that I am better than him.

Our God is so awesome ! I love the way He says 'speck' in our brother's eye but a 'plank' in ours. Sometimes we can be such hypocrites.

I pray that we will surrender completely to the Lord and have Him remove and purge away anything that is not of Him and that we will have a spirit of humility.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment