Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Do not withhold good

"Do not withhold good from those to whom it is due,
When it is in the power of your hand to do so"

Proverbs 3:27 (New King James Version)


On my way to the office yesterday , there was this couple driving ahead of me on a bike and the person sitting behind , her dupatta was flying in the wind really close to the wheels. And unfortunately they didnt see me signalling to them and they zipped way ahead. And I first thought "Ok they have gone ...so why bother"... But then the Lord convicted me of my laziness and attitude and said "Am I like that with you ? " and immediately I zoomed ahead and found them and told them .

A lot of times we tend to label things as "Somebody else's problems" and turn away. But the Lord is reminding us today not to withold good from those to whom it is due when it is in the power of our hand to do so. The reason why the Lord has placed us where we are and with what we have is not for us...Its to be a source of blessing to others and a testimony to His Name.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment