Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Do we look like our Dad ?


"Therefore be imitators of God as dear children."
 
Ephesians 5 : 1
 
There is something about a friday morning that gets me in this kid like playfullness mode. As the current generation says "Its Chillax time" ... Supposed to be a combination of chilling and relaxing.
 
I love this verse "Be imitators of God as dear children" .. another version uses the word beloved children. He is our Daddy and we are His children. Its fun whenever I look at my nephews and I see that some of the stuff they do is a reflection of their dad. Or some of the stuff my brother and I do people say its like my Dad. im sure my Dad beams with pride when someone comes up to him and says "They are just like you"...
 
Would we be imitators of God ? Would people around us see Him through us ? What would Jesus do today ? If He came to your office what would He do ? What are we doing today differently that He would do ? How are we reacting differently than what Jesus would do ?
 
The next verse goes on to say "And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God"
 
This is not a burdensome task. Its a fun filled awesome joyful lifestyle of being like our Daddy. His grace carries us through. If you are feeling tired and weary and pulled down today , its time to Chillax ! We are carried by His grace. His love is incomprehensible ! He loves us before we even knew Him let alone loved Him. Thats our Daddy !
 
Have a Jesus Day ! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment