Tuesday, February 5, 2013

No compromise

" But if the woman is not willing to follow you, then you will be free from this oath of mine; only you must not take my son back there.”"
Genesis 24:8

Now Abraham was very old and he wanted Isaac to be married. So he calls his trusted servant. Verses 2 -4 , "And Abraham said to his servant, the oldest of his household, who had charge of all that he had, “Put your hand under my thigh, that I may make you swear by the LORD, the God of heaven and God of the earth, that you will not take a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell, but will go to my country and to my kindred, and take a wife for my son Isaac.”"

Now Abraham was very clear that the wife of Isaac would not  be from the land of the Canaanites. Verses 5-8, "The servant said to him, “Perhaps the woman may not be willing to follow me to this land. Must I then take your son back to the land from which you came?” Abraham said to him, “See to it that you do not take my son back there. The LORD, the God of heaven, who took me from my father's house and from the land of my kindred, and who spoke to me and swore to me, ‘To your offspring I will give this land,’ he will send his angel before you, and you shall take a wife for my son from there. But if the woman is not willing to follow you, then you will be free from this oath of mine; only you must not take my son back there.”"

While having Isaac married was very dear to Abraham's heart , it was not worth comprising on what God had spoken over his life. He knew that God would go before his servant and even send his angel and would take care of all that is needed for choosing a wife for his son. And he went on to say even if the woman was not willing to come back, by no means would his son leave and go back to that land. Nothing is as important as obeying what the Lord has said. And God honoured Abraham. Isaac had a loving wife Rebekah.

Nothing is worth comprising on God's word and His promises. Not our work, the people around us, relationships... Nothing. May the greatest desire of our hearts be to walk in obedience to Him no matter what the cost. Because His rewards are everlasting !

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment