Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Press on


" Not that I have already obtained this or am already perfect, but I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me His own."

Philippians 3:12
 
"I press on to make it my own, because Christ Jesus has made me his own. There is a balance of faith and works, of God’s call and the believer’s response."
 
I called up my sis a few days ago and our conversation went like this . I said , "Wow, you are up till midnight in prayers and also wake up early for prayers? Since when ? How come?" for which she responded , "Well if I want to grow somethings gotta change !!".
 
And its so true.. If we want to grow in Him , something has to change in the way we do things, in the way we prioritize or set up our schedules.
 
Press on. 
 
Verses 13 - 14 , " Brothers, I do not consider that I have made it my own. But one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus."
 
I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Its very purposeful ! Forget about what lies behind and strain forward to what lies ahead.
 
God loves us ever so much beyond comprehension. Even as we slept and woke up , His grace is just so abundant. Have you ever watched a baby sleep and wake up ? When my nephew was a baby, I would just wait in such anticipation to see his morning wake up smile... such an adorable smile he would give me and then stretch his arms out to me. Awwwww....
 
What's the response of our hearts this morning?
 
We are alive today and walk in such freedom and grace for His purpopses.What's our response ?
 
Press on. Press on to an intimate relationship with Him.. May we press on and live in the fullness of Him... May we press on and marvel at His love and His grace.
 
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment