Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Do your remember who you are?


"Now therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God"
 
Ephesians 2 : 19
 
This week after a nice long thanksgiving weekend, I had my road test scheduled (for my drivers license).  Now since this is not the country Im from, my earlier license from home does not hold valid. The road test was its own fun. By God's grace cleared the road test and now have a license to drive in this country ! Now how often I drive here or not is a different question all together but it still does give such a sense of freedoom. I can now rent a car and drive around if I need to go somewhere. Yes, I am super ecstatic about it :-) Praise the Lord !
This little plastic card called a license gives me a right to drive anywhere in this country.
 
I couldnt help but stop and think, if this can give me so much joy, how ecstatic should I be as I am a fellow citizen of heaven, Im a member of the household of God ! Such unbelievable freedom ! Picture this with me... Picked up from a mud pit (once covered in all dirt) and now absolutely squeaky clean ! No more chains no more burdens weighing us down, no more entagled with the snares of sin... Freedom
 
And here we go one step more... We now have rights :) We get to trample over the head of satan and his schemes... We get to pray and as a song well says "Touch heaven and change the earth" we get to praise and sing as sons and daughters of the Most High... we get to read the word of God as fellow heirs in Christ ... we get to lay everything all down and say Consume me Lord .. here I am a living sacrifice to You... We get to grow in spriritual stature as mature sons and daughters in Him knowing the Father's heart and doing His will... 
 
Do we know our rights ? Or have we allowed the cares of the world to side track us and make us forget who we are ?
 
Lets not let anything/anyone make us forget who we are in Him !
 
"Now therefore you are no longer strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints and members of the household of God"
 
God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment