Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Help me see as You see

"He said to his men, "The LORD forbid that I should do this thing to my lord, the LORD's anointed, to put out my hand against him, seeing he is the LORD's anointed."

1 Samuel 24 : 6

Those who honour God know to honour those around them. 

 I mean this was Saul... Saul who tried to kill David time and time again. And now here was what seemed like the perfect opportunity. The cave where David and his men were , Saul walks in unaware of them . David's men said "Here is the day of which the LORD said to you, 'Behold I will give your enemy into your hand, and you shall do to him as it shall seem good to you"

Yet David said "The LORD forbid that I should do this thing to my lord, the LORD's anointed, to put out my hand against him, seeing he is the LORD's anointed"

David chose to not see as the people saw.. He didnt look at Saul and say "There is the man who is trying to kill me, let me kill him now".. He saw the Lord's anointed.

May God help us see others as He does. When we look at people in our lives and those passing by do we see those ransomed by the blood of Jesus Christ ? Christ died so that all may be saved. Are we so self focussed that we are consumed by our own agendas that we have forgotten to keep our eyes set on Him in all circumstances ?

Its very easy for us to get caught up with our agenda for the day that we forget His purposes for us today and His desire... If we would set our eyes above constantly then even a trip to the grocery store, a ride in the subway, every day to college/school becomes a missionary trip. If our hearts are captured by the desire to honour God then our very reaction to everything around us will be different.

Lord help us.. Only You can help us live for You. May Your desires be our desires.. May our behaviour in our everyday be that to honour You and honour those around us for they are your children too.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment