Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Posture of our hearts

"But Peter said, “I have no silver and gold, but what I do have I give to you. In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk!”

Acts 3:6

Can you just picture this ? God is just o so amazing ! In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth, rise up and walk ! Its not about what Peter had physically (silver , gold, name, fame...), but his confidence rested in God.

Here is another verse that we are so familiar with , "Then David said to the Philistine, “You come to me with a sword and with a spear and with a javelin, but I come to you in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom you have defied."1 Samuel 17:45

Our confidence lies not in who we are , but in who He is ! Our trust lies not in our abilities but in His name !

What is the posture of our hearts today ? 

"The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous man runs into it and is safe." Proverbs 18:10

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment