Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Cleanse my lips...Here I am

"So I said:
“ Woe is me, for I am undone!

Because I am a man of unclean lips,
And I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips;
For my eyes have seen the King,
The LORD of hosts.”
Then one of the seraphim flew to me, having in his hand a live coal which he had taken with the tongs from the altar. And he touched my mouth with it, and said:
“ Behold, this has touched your lips;

Your iniquity is taken away,
And your sin purged.”
Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying:
“ Whom shall I send,

And who will go for Us?”
Then I said, “Here am I! Send me.” "

Isaiah 6 : 5-8 (New King James Version)

When we read the first few verses of Isaiah 6 (verses 1-4) we see that Isaiah saw the Lord seated on a throne high and lifted up. And the train of His robe filled the temple. And he saw angels ...seraphims...each one had six wings:with two wings the angel covered his face,with two other wings he covered his feet and with two wings he flew. And one cried to another and said "Holy, holy, holy is the Lord of hosts; The whole earth is full of His glory!"

Wow ! Can you imagine beholding such a sight ! How awesome is our God ! Just try and imagine this sight in your head and close your eyes ..Its will bring us to our knees ! We cant even stand in the presence of such a mighty God....But yet by the blood of Jesus Christ we can enter into His Holy presence. Wow !!!

Such an awesome God is telling us that He loves us and He has purposes for us before time began ...that each one of us have been created in the image of God !

As we read verses 5 we see Isaiah speaking of his unclean lips....What Isaiah was saying is in all his impurity he saw God and he knew he was undone ! For how could he have seen the Lord in all His glory and be worthy to be kept alive...Then we see that the angel took a live coal (meaning one that was burning hot) with tongs (to hold the hot coal) right from the altar !! And with that he touched his mouth and said that his lips have been touched ... his inquity has been taken away..his sin purged..

When the Lord said in verse 8 "Whom shall I send And who will go for Us?" , Isaiah said "Here I am ! Send me."

How many of us are yearning for a cleansing from the altar this morning ? How many of us wants our lips touched ? Our sins purged ? All our iniquities taken away ?

All it takes is for us to be willing and surrender ourselves to our Lord .

How many of us are saying or are going to say "Here I am ! Send me." ?

Lets surrender ourselves to the Lord completely and pray for a cleansing from the altar to purge everything that is not of God in our lives

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment