Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Want to be a friend of God ?

Friday, February 20, 2009 9:09 AM

"You are My friends if you do whatever I command you.No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."

John 15:14-15 (New King James Version)


Wow... What an honor to be called the friend of God !

The latter half of verse 14 says "if you do whatever I command you"....As we continue reading verse 15 we see that a servant does not know what his master is doing.

Here are a few questions... Are we familiar with what the Lord is doing ? Are we familiar with His commandments so that we can keep them ? Are our hearts so inline with His, so that we understand His will for us ?

The Lord is calling us to be His friends ! Are we willing ? In verse 15 we see that the Lord has already made known to us all things from the Father. How do we get to know ? Through His word , through the Holy Spirit...

It is God's will that all should be saved and that none perish. Do we feel the same way ? Are we burdened for the souls not saved ?

Its time to grow... Enough of saying "Lord give me give me give me...". We need to rise and become God's friend... Sensitive to His leading and doing His will... And more than that our hearts are changed so that our will is His will... We abide in Him and He in us...we interceed for those not saved....

The Bible says in ephesians 6:12 "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places"... We need to battle it out !

Are we willing to be God's friend ?

This morning I pray that we will submit ourselves to the Lord afresh. That we may ask the Lord to help us abide in Him at all times.. To help us keep His commandments... Because no matter what, nothing can be done out of our own strength.... Only and only by God alone ! Lets pray that the Lord will help us be His friend and that we surrender ourselves completely in obedience to His will.

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment