Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Our Rock in uncertainities

Thursday, February 12, 2009 10:03 AM

" I will love You, O LORD, my strength.

The LORD is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;

My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;

My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold. I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised;

So shall I be saved from my enemies. "

Psalm 18 :1-3 (New King James Version)


I just got off a call with a good friend of mine and he was confused at the calmness of my voice and my approach to the current situation (with the uncertainity of the IT sector and jobs...). I honestly hadnt realized that I was undettered by the way things were going all around me.

Praise the Lord for His peace that surpasses all understanding. Living everyday with just one thought "I love you Lord...You are my strength !" is just so amazing. I mean while the world is going crazy all around, we who put our trust in the Lord have no worries...we have no anxiety.

What a joy it is to have God as our strength. What a joy to have the Lord as our rock , as our fortress , as our deliverer. He is our strength in whom we trust.

He is our shield and the horn of our salvation... our stronghold ! Oh wow ! What a blessing it is to trust in the Lord and call Him our Father. He is our everything... Our strength , our joy,... the very foundation upon which we stand.

He alone is worthy of our praise ! And when we call upon the Lord , he delivers and saves us...

To break it down in steps...
1.Love the Lord...
2.Make the Lord your only strength...Put your trust in Him (and when you trust Him , dont try doing things on your own in the meanwhile... Its like asking God to drive the car but then you control the steering wheel and all :) ...Trust completely in the Lord... He is perfect and so are His plans for each and every one of us)
3.Call upon the Lord
4.Know that He alone is worthy to be praised.

And when you have done the above, be rest assured that the Lord is
1.YOUR STRENGTH
2.YOUR ROCK
3.YOUR FORTRESS
4.YOUR DELIVERER
5. YOUR SHIELD
6.THE HORN OF YOUR SALVATION
7.YOUR STRONGHOLD

Have a blessed day knowing that you put your trust in the Lord. Spread the joy of the Lord who is your strength .

If you have any questions with regards to the verse for the day or have a prayer request or have a testimony to share, please feel free to send a mail to sparks.ablaze@gmail.com

God Bless

No comments:

Post a Comment